Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sirenia - The 13th Floor (2008)


In the darkness I tremble as I clutch my doll the doll with bleeding tears streaming down its cheeks a reminder of the sorrows I embrace as I hide from the sun which reveals all my sins and those of humanity I was never a loved child and I live in this abandoned manor in a state of perpetual ennui and sadness the walls are marble and I paint angels in my mind bleeding angels with unicorn horns and Pegasus hooves but my nails black like pitch I dream of fairies dancing among the stars and shadows and werewolves and vampires too like the ones in Underworld a lot of black shiny leather Kate Beckinsale is totally hot with a rapid fire crossbow oh wait that was in Van Helsing my apologies the world has abandoned me and my memories are stained in black so anyway the one thing Underworld was missing was some real metal like Nightwish and Within Temptation but really those bands are old news anyway because Sirenia is lots better because they have a lot of snarls and mean vocals along with the beautiful ethereal gothic fairy vocals and oh the choirs are so beautiful and truly know the meaning of the darkness in my soul also this has the guy who used to be in Tristania I feel like this is speaking right to me on a gloomy black October night right before Halloween and I'm about to dress up in my Night Elf cosplay but what do you care you don't love me and you will never understand me Sirenia is kick ass gothic metal for bois and girls this is their catchiest album yet so you don't wanna miss it.

Yours truly,
in darkness.

Verdict: Indifference [5/10]

http://www.mortenveland.com/sirenia/

No comments: